[asterisk-users] SIP/WiFi handsets?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Sep 23 16:25:40 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 09:39 -0700, mgraves at mstvp.com wrote:
> I had a good experience with that Polycom/Spectralink phone. Very rugged
> as you say.  The experience did highlight the weaknesses in consumer
> Wifi AP, which reinforced my commitment to continue using DECT around my
> office.
>
> Michael

For a field trial we bought about 50 flutstars F1000.
Audio quality reasonable, reach also good.
Minus-points were: wep-only and the capacity/quality of the batteries.

Instead of DECT, we bought our own base-stations and made our own
GSN-network. Much cheaper as all of the people allready have an
GSM-phone.

hw