[asterisk-users] Error When Using Postgresql Schema With Realtime Sip

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Sep 23 11:14:55 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 05:49:54 stephen.hindmarch at bt.com wrote:
> I am using asterisk 1.6.1.6 and have been setting up a system to use a
> Postgresql database as the realtime DB via the ODBC route. I have got
> extensions and voicemail working but am having trouble with SIP
>
> The problem seems to be with using a schema. If I put the table "sip" in
> the schema "foo" then I add this entry to extconfig.conf
>
> sippeers => odbc,psqldb,foo.sip
>
> Restart everything and then try to register a client. The registration
> fails and I get this set of messages in the log

<snip>

> So it seems to be something to do with having the schema name in the
> table name. But as I say I have already got extensions and voicemail
> working, and they both uses schemas, so it seems to be peculiar to SIP.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas about what it might be?

Yep, I never bothered to include support for specifying either the catalog or
the schema, since I've never had reason to use either one.  Please report this
issue on the bugtracker (https://issues.asterisk.org) and I'll get a patch up
straightaway, but I'll need your testing to ensure the patch works.

--
Tilghman Lesher