[asterisk-users] Bringing people into a conference

Harley Holcombe Harley.Holcombe at NetboxBlue.com
Wed Sep 23 00:07:45 CDT 2009

G'day all, I'm using Asterisk 1.4 and am trying to work out a way to bring
people into a conference call. In the ideal scenario two people would be
talking and one of them would push some keys, then a phone number and then
the three of them would be in a conference. From there they should be able
to bring in other people as well.

This seems to be what the Asterisk n-way call HOWTO from voip-info is
trying to do, but it doesn't work quite properly for me. Here's what
happens:
1. Internal person A calls person B
2. Person A presses *0, he is given a dial tone and person B is taken to a
conference room
3. Person A calls person C and they can talk, and then person A presses
**.
4. Person C is brought to the conference room, but person A is
disconnected.

In the last step, A should be taken to the conference room as well.  Or at
least, that's what I think should happen.

Here's the relevant logs, where 230 is person A, 231 is person B, 207 is
person C, and 282 is the conference room: http://dpaste.com/hold/97072/.

Thanks,
  Harley
Would you like total visibility and control over use of Web 2.0
applications such as media streaming, gaming and instant messaging
at your company?
If so, see: http://netboxblue.com/products/advancedidsips

Scanned by the Netbox from Netbox Blue
(http://netboxblue.com/)