[asterisk-users] not hearing audio on console/dsp

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Sep 22 12:51:37 CDT 2009

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am using asterisk 1.4.26.2 and dahdi 2.2.0 in a console/dsp situation.
> enabling sip debug and rtp debug shows the call coming in,
> shows Dial(Console/dsp) and rtp traffic is displaying and all that.
> I just dont hear audio.
> I can play audio with aplay somefile.wav no problem. so sound is
> functional.
>
> I have used this same configuration before and it worked just fine.
>
> What can I look for here to tell me why I dont get sound? rtp shows it
> coming
> across, sip connection is there.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts.
>
> Jerry

Even more strange is I setup a call file on the local machine,

Channel: Console/dsp
Context: dialout
Extension: 999999
Data: demo-congrats

And I hear the audio just fine for demo-congrats.

What can be stopping the audio from the server to the machine I am using
when SIP shows the call coming in, rtp shows the data coming across -
but no audio
is heard.

mixer volumes are up.
speakers are on.