[asterisk-users] How to associate a custom script to "core stop now"

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:25:56 CDT 2009

Hello,

I would to create a custom file whenever a "core stop now" command is typed
through Asterisk console.
(If this file is present, it would mean admin has choosen to stop Asterisk
and it shouldn't be tried to restart Asterisk automatically).

Obviously, when such "core stop now" command is typed, "/etc/init.d/asterisk
stop" is not launched so I can't use this single /etc/init.d/asterisk as a
way to tell what should or shouldn't be done when Asterisk is starting or
stopping.
I can't see either in "man asterisk" any option with which I can specify an
action to launch when asterisk stops.

Any idea or suggestion ?

Regards