[asterisk-users] GSM cellphone as cheap gateway?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Sep 21 09:07:25 CDT 2009

Vijay Gandhi wrote:
> It is actually FCT, my mistake I wrongly typed in FTC.
>
> FCT is Fixed Cellular Terminal, you can put your GSM card into it and it
> gives you an output of a PSTN line (FXs) which can be connected to your FXo
> device, normally in india, we get these devices for about $50 (USD Fifty
> only).
>

> Regards
>
> Vijay Gandhi
> GIPL(An ISO 9001:2000 Company)
> +91-9811688460
> +44-2080992384
> vijay at gandhiinfotech.com
> www.gandhiinfotech.com

Keep in mind that these units are country dependent.
In different parts of the world GSM is found on at least 4 different
bands, and to be a true "world " unit would need to be able to use all
4, just as mobile "world" handsets do.

$300US isn't really a bad price, given that many mobile phones are
subsidized by the carriers, at least in the US, with a 1-2 year
contract, and are SIM locked to that carrier.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot