[asterisk-users] DUNDi + SIP Realtime

Neeraj Chand Neeraj.Chand at ocis.com.au
Sun Sep 20 18:48:52 CDT 2009

JR - couldn't find your whitepaper from astricon06 online, links are
broken would it be possible for you to email it to me?

I have not tried setting up DUNDi yet, but from the sound of it, seems
like it would be pretty handy.

I have sip phones registering to two asterisk servers [primary and
backup] and have a macro setup where incoming call checks if sip phone
is available via ${SIPPEER}(${EXTEN}:status and if it is not on the
primary server, then sends the call to the backup server in a separate
context which attempts to dial the sip phone once, and if the phone is
offline / unavailable there as well, then to send it to voicemail or
followme as the case may be.

However, DUNDi sounds better in terms of scalability as I'm fast
outgrowing two servers.

:)

Thanks,

Neeraj