[asterisk-users] Asterisk Web Meetme module not loading

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 18 17:52:29 CDT 2009

Matt wrote:

> On 1/09/09 5:53 PM, Glen wrote:
>> Matt Riddell wrote:
>>> In the latest readme for WebMeetMe (3.1.0) it states:
>>>
>>> * Compile and install CBMySQL
>>> 	App_cbmysql is now included in the web-meetme package,
>>> located in ./cbmysql.  To install just run make; make install
>>>
>>> 	Copy the sample cbmysql.conf to /etc/asterisk and create
>>> a dialplan similar to the one in cb-extensions.conf.sample
>>> Modify the settings to suit your system.  The location of the
>>> mysql.sock file is likely not correct, check /etc/my.conf for
>>> the correct location.
>>>

>> That fixed it Matt, just compiling in the wrong directory.
>>
>> Thanks for all your help.

> No problems :)  I haven't actually used it myself, but it looks pretty cool!

Matt-
	Thanks for jumping in.  I have been offline for close to four weeks
recovering from oral surgery.  Months go by without a single Web-MeetMe
question, and as soon as I stop watching email a bunch show up...

	As was discovered, the app is compiled separately from Asterisk.
Due to changes in the AMI interface over the years, there will soon be
three versions of WMM-
		2.X for Asterisk 1.2 (largely unmaintained, but problem reports are rare)
		3.x for Asterisk 1.4
		4.X for Asterisk 1.6 (recommend 1.6.0.7 or 1.6.1 or newer)

Starting in 1.6 the scheduling logic that was in app_cbmysql is now native
to app_meetme when using RealTime, so app_cbmysql has not been updated for 1.6.
I need to get 4.X released.  I normally like to run a new release in house for
a couple of months before release, but between the surgery and changes at work
it is not likely to happen.  The good news is that the 4.X release has less to
test since the scheduling logic moved into app_meetme, so I just need to confirm
that nothing is seriously broken in the UI.

Thanks,
Dan