[asterisk-users] IAX2 order

David A. Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:26:54 CDT 2009

Folks,

I've been fighting with this seems like forever now and can't make it
work in 1.6.x.  In 1.4.x, I could make sure a particular voip provider
was always first in the list by making him as an #include and putting
it last.

Now in 1.6.x I can never get this to take.  I really don't want to run
TWO asterisk servers just for some IAX trunking.

Real problem:  my voip provider doesn't send username authentication,
just their secret.  If they are either the first or the only, then all
works because * checks just the first iax2 entry in the "show iax2
peers" list.  If they are anything but first, all my incoming calls
from them fail (identification failure).

Is there ANY way to make them first?  In 1.6.x they are always 3rd.

TIA,

David A. Bandel
            - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto
Visit my blog at: http://www.pananix.com/cgi-bin/blosxom