[asterisk-users] console color

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Sep 18 12:05:36 CDT 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Damon Estep wrote:

> after the execution of '#service asterisk restart' we no longer have
> color in the console

I consider that a "good thing." Color confuses me -- I'm a binary kind of
guy :)

Seriously though, all those escape sequences are hell if you capture the
console output using something like "script."

> additionally, when executing the restart of the service we get a message
> that asterisk exited on signal 9, but I have not been able to find a
> definition for signal 9.

Try "kill -l" and "man kill"

Signal 9 (SIGKILL) is used to kill a process that doesn't take a hint --
signal 15 (SIGTERM).

--
Thanks in advance,