[asterisk-users] SIP HEADER FROM: without CALLERID(name):: PART DEUX

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:13:55 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Several years ago there was a thread on this list about the behavior
of Asterisk when there was an empty display-name field in the SIP FROM
header:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg142835.html

It seems as if the thread was not answered, so allow me to scratch the
scab off one more time :)

Is it possible to configure Asterisk to not modify the display-name
field of the FROM header?  In other words, if the field is empty on
the received INVITE, keep it empty on the sent INVITE.  If the field
is not empty on the received INVITE, simply retain the contents of the
field in the sent INVITE.  We're looking to implement this behavior
for all calls, private and non-private.

Thanks,

David