[asterisk-users] custom voicemail e-mail

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Sep 17 08:52:46 CDT 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 02:52:42 Patrick wrote:
> I want to send an email in html format as well as sending an SMS to
> the mailbox owner using clickatell's api
>
> Any other ways to do this ?

Use the "externnotify" option in voicemail.conf.  The arguments to this
program are the context, extension, new-voicemails, old-voicemails, and
(on newer versions) urgent-voicemails.

Take the new-voicemails (a number), subtract 1, load the corresponding .txt
file, and you have all the information available to a voicemail message, so
you can send whatever emails you need to from here.

--
Tilghman Lesher