[asterisk-users] Voice Playback cutting first word or so of audio file

James Hankins jim at allpointsmediaworks.com
Thu Sep 17 08:49:15 CDT 2009

When I call inbound with a cell phone (via SIP PSTN trunk) some of my
prompts the first word is cut off.  I'm assuming the prompt is needing
to be transcoded on the fly and it's not getting transcoded fast
enough.  I did a file convert to create gsm versions (currently they
are referenced in my dial plan with no extension

Seem to have same problem.  How do I determine which file it's
playing, for one and what is the likely cause of my issue?  Note: If I
call from a landline, this problem doesn't exist.  I'm assuming there
is some way to determine if resources are being expended to transcode.

ox: WAV Chunk fmt
sox: WAV Chunk data
sox: Reading Wave file: Microsoft PCM format, 1 channel, 8000 samp/sec
sox:         16000 byte/sec, 2 block align, 16 bits/samp, 146966 data
bytes
sox:         73483 Samps/chans
sox: Input file mysoundfile.wav: using sample rate 8000
	size shorts, encoding signed (2's complement), 1 channel
Samples read:             73482
Length (seconds):      9.185250
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.980347
Minimum amplitude:    -0.980347
Midline amplitude:     0.000000
Mean    norm:          0.190652
Mean    amplitude:    -0.004612
RMS     amplitude:     0.294026
Maximum delta:         1.554443
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.096981
RMS     delta:         0.163688
Rough   frequency:          708
Volume adjustment:        1.020

sox: Detected file format type: gsm

sox: Input file mysoundfile.gsm: using sample rate 8000
	size bytes, encoding gsm, 1 channel
Samples read:             73440
Length (seconds):      9.180000
Scaled by:         2147483647.0