[asterisk-users] Connected Line ID for Asterisk 1.4

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Sep 16 20:57:42 CDT 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Matt Riddell wrote:
>> Basically, the phones are displaying 79 on the screen (the number the
>> dial for pickup) - as you'd expect, but they'd like to see the CID of
>> the person who called in.
>>

> There are patches against 1.4 that allow you to change the display to
> anything that the phone will support and it'll be as a standard in the
> 1.6.3 (??) series of Asterisk as a standard.
>
> The only problem is that the patches don't apply beyond 1.4.20.x
>
> You can read bug 8824
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=8824
>
> I'll be staying with Asterisk 1.4.20.1 until I've had time to test out
> the latest 1.6 series.

The last patch for RPID is marked for 1.4.23.1 (2/10/09) :
https://issues.asterisk.org/file_download.php?file_id=21601&type=bug

I've been running it on 1.4.23.1 since Feb.

I just did an upgrade to 1.4.26.2 and their are rpid options showing in
the sip peer info in the CLI (though I haven't tried to use it yet), so I
expect that the reason there are no patches past 1.4.23.2 is that it has
already been included in the release branch.