[asterisk-users] MeetMe in Macro

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Sep 16 11:15:28 CDT 2009

You can pass variables in the Originate Action, see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Originate.

Taken from there:

*Variable*: Channels variables to set (max 32). Variables will be set
for both channels (local and connected).

      Example(Placing a call from a SIP channel to an extension, this
      will cause the outside call not to be placed until the SIP channel
      has picked up):

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/101test
Context: default
Exten: 8135551212
Callerid: 3125551212
Timeout: 30000
*Variable: var1=23|var2=24|var3=25*
ActionID: ABC45678901234567890

That variables to send in the Originate action will become channel
variables that can be retrieved on the context where the call goes. You
can check that the variables exist on the context when the call is
answered, for example:

[default]
exten => 8135551212,1,Noop(var1 is ${var1})
exten => 8135551212,n,Noop(var2 is ${var2})
exten => 8135551212,n,Noop(var3 is ${var3})

and so on... with no need to call Macro() or Gosub().

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología