[asterisk-users] Reproducible crash - known bug?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 22:41:43 CDT 2009

Trying here, since I never received a response in the support forum...

Running asterisk-1.6.1-0.23.rc1.fc11.i586 on Fedora 11. I can
reproducibly crash Asterisk by associating a single voicemail mailbox
with two SIP extensions. For example:

[pap2t_line1]
type=friend
context=study
host=dynamic
md5secret=99ed0fe61b0d9b4a33e028f2959ce3c4
dtmfmode=rfc2833
rfc2833compensate=yes
mailbox=99 at default

[spa3102_line1]
type=friend
context=house
host=dynamic
md5secret=bb531535faa09a629563474edcf96678
dtmfmode=rfc2833
rfc2833compensate=yes
mailbox=99 at default

The crash occurs soon, but not immediately, after Asterisk starts. (I
have time to connect to the CLI and issue a few commands before getting
disconnected.)

The crash only occurs if there is at least one message (new or old) in
the mailbox. If the mailbox is empty, Asterisk will start and run fine
-- including voicemail, message waiting notifications to both
extensions, etc.

Anyone seen anything like this? Known limitation/bug?

Thanks!