[asterisk-users] The "o" dial option

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Sep 14 18:22:18 CDT 2009

Hello, all.  I see there is an "o" option for the Dial() command which
reverts to the previous behavior of using the original callerid
throughout the call - I suppose more specifically, using the callerid
from leg 1 for leg 2 in B2BUA if I understand it correctly.

That seems to be highly desirable behavior; I know we are seeing some
problems with call history and call forwarding because of the default
use of callerid.  However I'm assuming it was changed to the current
behavior for a good reason.  Before we revert to the old behavior, I'd
like to ask, "why was it changed?" What problems arose from the old
behavior that provoked the change? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com