[asterisk-users] Blind transfers security

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Sep 14 16:20:02 CDT 2009

Stanisław Pitucha <stan at gradwell.net> writes:

> I'm not sure that actually answers my question... If you have a A->B
> call and set accountcode for A on it, then B does a blind transfer,
> how do you set the correct accountcode then? (assuming B is a
> different customer and blind-transfers you to pstn)

In modern versions of Asterisk, you can set other variables apart from
accountcode in sip.conf. I'm fairly sure accountcode gets set to B in
the blind transfer scenario you mention, but I'm not sure whether other
variables do. Even if not, you can use some other variable for
billing A->B, and accountcode for billing B->C.

However, we simply do billing on our interconnect-Asterisks, where
transfers aren't allowed.

/Benny