[asterisk-users] G.722 problems with IAX

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:35:44 CDT 2009

2009/9/9 Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de>

> >> No, I didn't miss that. See my text.
> >> I mentioned this because I think this might be the reason of the problem
> >> and
> >> the incorrect handling in jitterbuffer, if it is the jitterbuffer. It is
> >> just a guess, since everything else seems to work good.
> >> The question is why does G.722 via IAX has problems.
> >> Is anyone using it and can say it works in his setup?

Hi,

I'm not sure if Steve Kann is still around the project, but if not, I'm
familiar with chan_iax2.c and mostly familiar with the iax2 jitter buffer so
I might have a go at fixing the problem.  Will you open a bug on the
bugs.digium.com bug tracker.

I did do a test from a SNOM820 (yum) via an IAX trunk with jitter buffer and
got the same nasty jerky audio.  This is a recent checkout of branch-1.4.

Regards,
Steve Davies