[asterisk-users] Should digium build a 2FXO / 2FXS 4-portdaughterboard?

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:56:17 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Davies
  Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Should digium build a 2FXO / 2FXS 4-portdaughterboard?

  2009/9/9 Karl Fife <karlfife at gmail.com>

    ...of course you need one of these to dial SIP URI's or navigate IVR's from
    the rotary mechanism.
    http://www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-pulse-to-tone-converter.html

  On Asterisk I don't think that's true.  At least for IVRs on the local Asterisk box, Asterisk will process a rotary dialled "4" just as if you'd pressed 4 on a DTMF phoneset.

  I guess if you want to operate a remote IVR via the dial phone you'd need the converter.

  Are you in the US?  Hope you use loadzone=us-old.

  Steve