[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Faxing

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Sep 11 15:22:19 CDT 2009

I don't do international faxing, but I'll share these tidbits:
Asterisk Faxing is a hit-or-miss proposition; either you're a genius or a
fool (sometimes both in the same day).
Faxing using POTS is a pretty simple proposition; SIP and T.38 add
complexity to the equation.  Simplification of the process as much as
possible is as good as Tylenol.
The timing on the VM may or may not bite you dependent upon the frame you
select to use for outgoing (POTS, T.38, etc.).