[asterisk-users] All the four lights blinking

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 11 06:23:31 CDT 2009

ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:

> But I cant generate calls using the loop back connector and get the
> following error
>

> *CLI> [Sep  9 14:42:55] NOTICE[9981]: channel.c:3749
> __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to request channel DAHDI/1/123

You cannot use a loopback connector for a PRI interface; PRI signaling
has a 'network' end and a 'customer' end, and using a loopback connector
will make the system try to be both at the same time, which is not possible.

You can use CAS (FXS/FXO/etc.) signaling on a loopback connector, or you
can make a crossover cable and connect two ports of your card together,
configuring one of them as pri_net and the other as pri_cpe.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com