[asterisk-users] VUC: RE: Friday 11th: Aswath Rao: "Trapezoidal VoIP is Evil" on VoIP Users Conference at Noon EDT

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 01:22:19 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM, SIP <sip at arcdiv.com> wrote:
> See... I would say the 'trapezoid' is one of the great strengths of SIP.

Which is why we need you all to come and discuss this, bringing up
other aspects, thoughts (even I have a few occasionally) and ideas.

@Dean - you will always learn new things on VUC, even if it's only
that Ebay is the devil who comes after you mercilessly when your
account is taken over and they know it and did nothing to stop the
bleeding.

Kristian - if you do happen to make it, be sure you are on IRC and/or
use the wideband bridge at 200901 at login.zipdx.com (if you're doing
g722)

Speaking of g722, isn't there a SIP client for linux? I know that so
far we haven't had anything that works for OS X, but I am hoping that
Counterpath will add g722 to eyebeam or Bria on that platform. In the
meantime, I get on in Windows XP with Counterpath. Recently I realized
that setting Eyebeam to auto-answer and ZipDX to phone me at
conference time, things are even easier.

I think it will be interesting today with Aswath, but other voices are
needed: be there you techies!

/r

PS, A brand new Gigaset S675IP and A58H accessory handset will be
given away at the end of the first segment. This phone works great,
I've had mine for over a year. Do I have to repeat what makes it good?
I will when we ask the contest question. Be there!

batteries ARE included. And it runs a long time on a charge