[asterisk-users] RESET CDR

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Wed Sep 9 16:02:14 CDT 2009

Todd Routhier wrote:
> billsecs is a field in the CDR, it's already there.. Just don't bill
> based on the duration field, bill based on the billsecs field and you
> should have what you want.

He says that the line does not support polarity reversal. It really
depends on the type of PSTN interface he is using, but this probably
means that the duration and the billsecs fields are going to be the
same, as the channel gets answered and the ring-back tone is also counted.

I would rather say that if you do not have a proper way to detect the
call progress, the system is not reliable for billing your users.

The main problem with the 30 seconds solution is that you will have a
lot of calls made without charge (ie: 3 seconds ringing, 20 seconds
call). And you will also charge people for ringing a phone during more
that 30 seconds (ie: calling my grandma)