[asterisk-users] Should digium build a 2FXO / 2FXS 4-port daughterboard?

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:47:14 CDT 2009

> Wow, I can't imagine ever using an analog phone on Asterisk. SIP
> phones are just so much better!

My primary use of FXO and FXS to interface with the 'S'tation and 'O'ffice
ports on legacy key systems, with Asterisk functioning as a B2BUA.

ALTHOUGH:

It's not to say that I don't take guilty pleasure making VoIP calls with my
Western Electric 302.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_302_telephone

...of course you need one of these to dial SIP URI's or navigate IVR's from
the rotary mechanism.
http://www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-pulse-to-tone-converter.html

...and what says 'I'm a phone guy' more than one of these in your basement
workshop?
http://www.payphone.com/Personal-Pay-Phone.html

-Karl

p.s.
The Answer:
The thing that says 'I'm a phone guy' even more than THAT is one of THESE:
http://mysite.verizon.net/dalderdi/phones/sxs.htm