[asterisk-users] UNIQUEID not the same in Dialplan as passed to AGI

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Sep 9 08:14:51 CDT 2009

To quote Steve Edwards from an earlier post this month "The UniqueID
consists of the origination time plus the number of calls for this instance
of the Asterisk execution".  Looking at the log you posted, these are two
separate (as far as Asterisk is concerned) calls.  If you look in your CDR,
you should see an entry for each.  If you want to track a call via an AGI,
you should do this:
- exten => s,1,set(thisuid=${UNIQUEID})
- exten => s,2,AGI(youragi.agi|${thisuid})

Just a guess, but UNIQUEID is probably reassigned on these events;
Hangup
Fork
Transfer
(go ahead guys, correct away - like I said, it's just a guess).