[asterisk-users] Should digium build a 2FXO / 2FXS 4-port daughterboard?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Sep 9 01:55:36 CDT 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Alec Davis wrote:

> Definitely, 10 votes from me.
>
> For the home user, 2xFXO + 6FXS, in a single slot small profile box is
> ideal, but only able to offer 2xFXO + 4xFXS at the moment.
>
> SIP phones don't exactly have the appropriate WIFE factor. A standard off
> the shelve, no frills phone does the job.

You're kidding, right? Or maybe my wife is just more demanding...

6 FXS's at home? Ye gods, think of the wiring! We went DECT 8 years ago
and haven't looked back...

I do confess to having 1 FXS port though - we have an old BT rotary dial
phone which sits in the 70's corner, along with a lava lamp...

Gordon