[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Problem with Call Parking

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Sep 8 23:02:13 CDT 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Thank you for your message . But I tried to find it on my server , as the
> followings :
> #find / -name sip.cfg -print
> But it didn't return any result . Can you please let me know where can I
> find it ?

You probably have not setup central provisioning for your Polycom phones.
I am guessing you are configuring them from their (horribly crappy) web
interface.  Although this kind of works, you will not be able to unleash
the true power of your phones without setting up central provisioning.
Worse you may be running an old version of the firmware, which may have
problems.

This involves getting the firmware and XML templates from Polycom, which
will include the file sip.cfg.  You will have to unpack these files on a
TFTP or HTTP server, create XML files for each phone, and point the phone
to the server to pick it up.  There are numerous "howtos" on the web to
set this up.  Time for Google!