[asterisk-users] 1.2 AGI Deadlock

Peder peder at networkoblivion.com
Tue Sep 8 11:42:52 CDT 2009

Every time I upgrade, I run into more issues than I previously had, so I
tend to stay where I am unless I absolutely have to upgrade.  I ran 1.0.3
for 2+ years with no issues.  I upgraded to whatever the latest 1.2 was at
the time and it crashed three times within a week.  1.2.32 and .34 seem to
work fine, so I am staying on them until I absolutely have to move.

Yes, I get that message with any AGI:

*CLI>     -- Executing AGI("SIP/3211-1-081c51e0", "agi-test.agi") in new
stack
Sep  8 11:48:43 WARNING[564]: channel.c:780 channel_find_locked: Avoided
initial deadlock for '0x818edf8', 9 retries!
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/agi-test.agi

I am wondering if anybody else is seeing these same issues with the latest
1.2 line, or if it is something specific to my install.  Although I can't
imagine it is just me as I don't have anything out of the ordinary on that
box, just two phones and a basic extensions.conf to call an AGI.