[asterisk-users] Caller ID from POTS lines

Jeremy Taylor jeremy at GetWiredRight.com
Tue Sep 8 11:27:08 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using asterisk 1.4.22-4 in Trixbox with snom 360 phones. When
calls come in on our POTS lines, the caller id shows up like
"555-555-1234 at 192.168.1.10" where 555-555-1234 is the correct phone
number and 192.168.1.10 is my pbx server IP. This format does not work
for redialing on outbound calls.

While there may be an outbound dialing change that could be made, it
seems like the correct solution would be to change the format of the
caller id string sent to the phones. I verified from the snom sip
trace that the caller id is always sent with "@192.168.1.10" on it.

What configuration change can be made in asterisk to correct this and
only send the phone number as the caller id to the VOIP phone?

Thanks, Jeremy