[asterisk-users] Strange extension state changes in 1.6.0.15

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Sep 8 08:40:20 CDT 2009

I see a lot of these on an otherwise idle Asterisk 1.6.0.15:

Extension Changed 773[Hints] new state Ringing for Notify User
792-00041327d17e-1. Then a little while later it changes to InUse or
Idle, completely randomly. It happens for many different combinations of
phones and watchers.

There are no calls being made, so I can think of no reason why this
happens. Obviously it wreaks havoc with BLF... It doesn't happen in
1.6.0.13.

I have tried it on two different production Asterisks, and both of them
exhibit this behaviour. Unfortunately I can't reproduce in my smaller
test environment.

Have any of you seen this?

/Benny