[asterisk-users] Older Aastra phones and Asterisk 1.6

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Sep 7 16:27:30 CDT 2009

	It seems that older Aastra phones (9112i, 9133i, 480i, 480i CT) have a
problem with the new SIP implementation in Asterisk 1.6.X that makes
them unable to dial.  They can receive calls but when you attempt to
dial the phone remains silent.  You can see in "core show channels" that
the first channel is active and it is impossible to kill it without
restarting Asterisk.

	The solution I found for this is to set "session-timers=refuse" in
sip.conf and now I am able to send calls.  I suppose this is a problem
with the firmware of those phones as newer versions of Aastra phones
(5Xi) work without the modification.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001