[asterisk-users] 1.6.2-RC1 question

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sun Sep 6 23:50:31 CDT 2009

Ira wrote:
> I just upgraded to 1.6.2.rc-1 after running betas 2 and 3 with no
> problems and while everything seems fine i get these message at
> startup and than all is well. Should I be worried or do i need to let
> the team know about this?
>
> Also, is not finding "/dev/dahdi/transcode" a problem I should be
> worried about?
>
> And lastly conf2ael always segfaults when I try to run it. it did run
> once quite a while ago but after I made all changes for the 1.2=1.62
> move it stopped working.
>
> Thanks, Ira
>
> [Sep  6 12:21:55] NOTICE[3045] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled.
> [Sep  6 12:21:55] NOTICE[3045] loader.c: 142 modules will be loaded.
> [Sep  6 12:21:55] WARNING[3045] translate.c: plc_samples 160 format f
> [Sep  6 12:21:55] ERROR[3045] codec_dahdi.c: Failed to open
> /dev/dahdi/transcode: No such file or directory

You're not going to find that device node unless you have a decoder card
(the TC400B card from Digium).  My  guess is you don't have one.  I
thought there was some discussion about changing that from an 'ERROR' to
a WARNING which is what it really is.  A more descriptive note saying
something like "no transcoding hardware found, I'll do it in software"
or whatever might be more meaningful.