[asterisk-users] Using asterisk as the recording server

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sun Sep 6 23:45:33 CDT 2009

In layman's terms, if you read the OP's post, they want a *recording server*.
With no mention of any other functionality.

Asterisk *COULD* be used as a recording server but that is really not the
proper tool, on the other hand OrecX *IS* a recording server, therefore the
proper tool.

I *COULD* use a butter knife for a screw driver, but the screw driver
*IS*the proper tool for the job.

Believe me, I have used the butter knife and it worked OK sometimes, other
times it did not work at all, but the proper screwdriver did the job
perfectly.

I would dare say that using Asterisk simply for recording is heavy handed.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

--
Senior Systems and Network Administrator
Triple Canopy, Inc.,
steve.totaro at triplecanopy.com