[asterisk-users] OT - log rotation [solved]

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:32:15 CDT 2009

2009/9/5 Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>

> <snip>
> You can, but I don't. I do it like this:
>
> <snip>

Very, very interesting practises.

Originally, I opened this thread when I wondered whether or not, I should
centralize logs (and from that original question, I came to study some tiny
details like finding why some software needs to be notified of log rotations
and why some appearantly don't ...).

What kept me from doing this before, is my capability to analyse a large
central log file compared to analyse several specific log files.
With a couple of grep commands, it should be possible to break a central
file back into several files, so the only downside of centralizing would be
having to edit those grep command lines.

To avoid that, have you tried tools like phpLogCon ?