[asterisk-users] Noises on Batphones

Jason Martin jmartin at metrixmatrix.com
Thu Sep 3 15:13:56 CDT 2009

Hello,

The company I work for recently purchased 2 Rhino CB24s and a Rhino
PCI-E R4T1. The channel banks are plugged into the R4T1, as well as 2
PRIs from our telco. The CB24s are for all internal analog phones.
Most of the phones are setup in "batphone mode", which is
"immediate=on" in the DAHDI config. They are set up this way because
we are an outgoing call center, and the context that the batphones go
to a database table to pull the phone number they are calling.

Along with this new hardware, we changed to a new "server" (just a
Dell E520 workstation with 4 gigs of RAM and 2 250 gig SATA drives
software RAIDed) with the following software:

Ubuntu 9.04
Asterisk 1.6.1.4
Asterisk-addons 1.6.1.1 (for the cdr-mysql plugin)
dahdi-linux-complete 2.2.0.2 + 2.2.0
libpri 1.4.10.1
rhino drivers 0.99.2

Since day one, all batphones have had a weird noise at the very
beginning of the call. I contacted Rhino about it and the support tech
told me that it's "fsk" tones that have caller ID and MWI information
and advised me to turn off advanced features like mailboxes. The
phones already didn't have mailboxes, but I put in "mwisendtype=nofsk"
in chan_dahdi.conf anyway, and all features like faxdetect and
transfer are turned off.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and fixed it?

Thanks.

Jason Martin
Metrix Matrix, Inc.
785 Elmgrove Rd, Bldg 1