[asterisk-users] Originate calls with AMI.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Thu Sep 3 09:41:56 CDT 2009

Hello.

I've been trying to use the AMI to originate phone calls.

I'm trying to call the SIP phone 'zoiper' with the SIP phone 'yziquel'.

So, the AMI interaction is:

> Action: originate
> Channel: SIP/zoiper
> Exten: yziquel
> Timeout: 30
> Context: internal
>
> Response: Error
> Message: Originate failed
>
> Event: Newchannel
> Privilege: call,all
> Channel: SIP/zoiper-019a3000
> State: Down
> CallerIDNum: <unknown>
> CallerIDName: <unknown>
> Uniqueid: asterisk-1251987055.7
>
> Event: Newcallerid
> Privilege: call,all
> Channel: SIP/zoiper-019a3000
> CallerID: <Unknown>
> CallerIDName: <Unknown>
> Uniqueid: asterisk-1251987055.7
> CID-CallingPres: 0 (Presentation Allowed, Not Screened)
>
> Event: Hangup
> Privilege: call,all
> Channel: SIP/zoiper-019a3000
> Uniqueid: asterisk-1251987055.7
> Cause: 0
> Cause-txt: Unknown

And then the 'zoiper' softphone starts ringing continuously. It says
"Incoming Call from asterisk" and not from 'yziquel'. Moreover when I
pick up the phone it says "You are now talking to asterisk", and then
Zoiper closes the call immediately.

There's surely something I do not get right here, and I'd appreciate
some help.

All the best,

Guillaume YZiquel.