[asterisk-users] chan_dahdi.so fails to load : Inappropriate ioctl for device

Herb Woodruff herb at cfht.hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 2 13:46:03 CDT 2009

Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> I think you are correct and that this is your problem.  If you have
> dahdi-tools 2.2.0 installed, but using and older version of dahdi-linux,
> you will get these errors since the format of some of the ioctls have
> changed. (related to https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14499)
>
> How did you install dahdi-linux
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I had a hunch that was my problem.

I just typed make & make install in the dahdi-linux directory.  But I
did some more digging, and sure enough, modules.dep was not getting
updated to take advantage of the most recent modules.  Not sure if it's
my system or the install script, but it kept linking to the old
modules.  I had to move the old module directory out of /lib/modules in
order for it to link to the new ones.

Thanks again for all your help!  I appreciate it.

Herb