[asterisk-users] Asterisk MWI issue

Evan P. Hall evan at corpwest.com
Tue Sep 1 12:44:04 CDT 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, ilker Aktuna wrote:

> When a voicemail is left on the extension, a SIP NOTIFY message is
> Sent to my SIP client and the MWI is received ok. This is good.
> But when I delete all Voicemail through AMPortal, SIP NOTIFY message
> notifying that there is no voicemail left is not sent to the client.

In asterisk 1.6 you need to add a line to the general settings of your
voicemail.conf that says 'pollmailboxes=yes' so that asterisk will check
the mailboxes for changes that were caused by other programs.  It is no
by default.

Since you are using trixbox you'll probably need to add that line to an
include file somewhere.  I'm sure if you search the trixbox forums for
'pollmailboxes' you'll find out where it needs to go.

-Evan