[asterisk-users] Asterisk MWI issue

ilker Aktuna ilkera at kobiline.com
Tue Sep 1 11:55:35 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'd appreciate any comments please.

Thanks.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ilker Aktuna
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 8:11 PM
  Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk MWI issue

  Hi,

  I am using Asterisk personally at home.
  My SIP client (SPA 3000) supports MWI with SIP NOTIFY messages.
  With a previous version of Asterisk I had no problems with MWI. But now I am using the following version which comes with Trixbox 2.8.0.1, and I have problems with MWI.

  Asterisk 1.6.0.9-samy-r27

  Problem description:
  When a voicemail is left on the extension, a SIP NOTIFY message is sent to my SIP client and the MWI is received ok. This is good.
  But when I delete all Voicemail through AMPortal, SIP NOTIFY message notifying that there is no voicemail left is not sent to the client.
  Normally , I expect to receie a SIP NOTIFY message as soon as my inbox is empty.
  However, this does not happen when I delete voicemail through GUI.
  If I delete voicemail through phone, I receive the SIP NOTIFY message.

  How can I fix this problem ?
  Is this a misconfiguration or a bug ? If it is a bug, is there any fix for it ?

  Thanks,
  ilker