[asterisk-users] [IAX] Recommended soft- and hardphones?

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:06:52 CDT 2009

On 10/30/09 12:55, Vincent wrote:
>Hello
>
>Since SIP/RTP is a pain to use with road warriors who need to connect
>from any location over the Internet, I'd like to get them some IAX
>phones instead.
>
>For those of you using this protocol instead of SIP, what would you
>recommend as IAX hardphones and Windows (and ideally Mac) softphones?

How about Digium iaxy adapter, I've used it in the past, it register to your asterisk as soon as you plug it to any network (borrow any hotels phone, plug it
into the iaxy adapter) and you have your solution.
The is a web-page that will allow you to provision the adapter over the Internet if you have to (don't have the link).

--
Joseph