[asterisk-users] Delayed answer when calling out

Robert Grignon rgrignon at fleetone.com
Thu Oct 29 14:46:24 CDT 2009

I have a PRI and a LDT1 (em) running...

When placing a call through the PRI (to a number with an auto
attendant). I hear "thank you for calling. Please press a number"
When placing a call through the LDT1 to the same number. I hear
"...Please press a number"

It is cutting off the "Thank you for calling" I also notice that I dont
hear a ringback...

I've tried the following:
added "r" to the dial command (this does give me a ringback but its
still cutting off the first few seconds)
set "usecallerid=no" to the LD channel in chan_dahdi.. same results

I originally had the T1 set to em_w but it was crashing the server. I
set it to em and it seems to stop the crashes...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Robert