[asterisk-users] Dynamic DNS trunk

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Oct 29 06:49:32 CDT 2009

On 29/10/09 2:05 PM, B.Masoud @ SH wrote:
> I have a trunk, and its host=dynamic dns.
>
> The problem is, when the IP changes the
>
> Sip show peers
>
> Still show the old IP of the DNS, I have to reload and save the
> configuration again so that asterisk recognize the new IP of the DNS.
>
> Any idea how to automate such a thing? Or how can I keep asterisk to
> deal with NAMES as NAMES, and IPs as IPs.

The reply regarding getting the other end to register is correct.

The other host should be registering regularly.

If you have a host name use /etc/asterisk/dnsmgr.conf:

[general]
enable=yes              ; enable creation of managed DNS lookups
                         ;   default is 'no'
;refreshinterval=1200   ; refresh managed DNS lookups every <n> seconds
                         ;   default is 300 (5 minutes)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell