[asterisk-users] sip fullcontact and port values

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 06:41:00 CDT 2009

Hi

We're using asterisk 1.4.17 with RealTime so our port and fullcontact
values in out DB get updated dynamically.

We use snom handsets and always set the network identity (port) in each
phone to something in the 10000 range, so that each phone in a single
location has a different port.

When we look in the DB the location always has the port we set but the
port value is often something else? What do these 2 values actually do
and where is the port value being generated?

Thanks in advance

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik