[asterisk-users] The SIP in the Mobile Phones are not able to register on asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 05:53:49 CDT 2009

I am talking about the SIP.

Now the new mobiles (Nokia, Erecson, Panasonic, iPot, ... etc) all of them support SIP capability. They are able to register to any SIP server (by giving the IP address, username and password). Fring is one of the software that can be installed on the mobile devices and can register on the SIP servers.

BUT, the new mobiles currently come with built in SIP (no need to install fring on the mobiles, as it come already with SIP client).

The problem that I am facing it: I tried to let my nokia mobile to register on Asterisk, but I am always failing, while I can register to other service provider.

I did alot of trouble shooting but did not succeed.

Is there any special thing need to do in asterisk configuration to let Nokia (or any other type) of the mobiles that has built in SIP to register on my Asterisk? What could be?

Regards
Bilal

Try this link
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Connecting+to+the+Cellular+Netwo