[asterisk-users] state_interface backport issue

Robert Broyles bahjons at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:43:47 CDT 2009

It's my understanding that the backport is available now in 1.4.
However, seem to be having some issues with it. Just wondering if I have
everything setup right.

I'm running 1.4.26.2 realtime.

queue_members:
 `uniqueid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `membername` varchar(40) default NULL,
  `queue_name` varchar(128) default NULL,
  `interface` varchar(128) default NULL,
  `penalty` int(11) default NULL,
  `paused` int(1) default NULL,
  `state_interface` varchar(128) NOT NULL,

Data:
1, Name, QUEUENAME, Local/1050 at agents/n, 1, , SIP/100

Local agents are setup setup in an 'agents' context.

[agents]
exten => 1050,1,Set(agentsip=${DB(agent_sip/1050)}
exten => 1050,2,Dial(SIP/${agentsip})

Queue shows the agent as unavailable when the SIP device (SIP/100) is
down. (as I would hope)... but shows the agent as available all the
other times.

As a result my CLi is on fire with 'busy' notices, because it's trying
to ring an agent even when they are on a call. If I remove the
state_interface, it shows them as 'busy' in the queue, and doesn't ring
them.

Let's see, what else did I forget? Other details:

sip.conf: limitonpeers=yes
and call-limit=5 on each SIP device
queue.conf: ringinuse=no

Anything else I should look for?