[asterisk-users] OT - How to organize TFTP root directory ?

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Oct 23 17:45:16 CDT 2009

What I do is run virtual interfaces on one box, and run multiple instances
of atftpd inside xinetd, each one bound to a different IP and a different
root directory.  Thus, my file structure looks like this -

/home/phones/
/home/phones/cisco/
/home/phones/cisco/7960 (root directory for one of the atftpd instances)
/home/phones/cisco/7961 (root directory for another atftpd instance)

Then, with a little dhcpd.conf magic, you can easily point different sets of
phones to different tftp servers, using pools that match on key Product ID
(I think) strings.

--Warren Selby