[asterisk-users] How to generate 183 Session Progress

Fri Oct 23 09:15:53 CDT 2009

If the outgoing channel receives progress indication from the far end
(e.g. ISDN PROGRESS message or 183 response from an ITSP) then Asterisk
will relay the progress message. If there is no progress indication
received - that means that early media is not available - Asterisk does
not send 183 as this would make the client listing for early media
although it is not available.

regards
klaus