[asterisk-users] OSLEC with DAHDI and Linksys/Sipura

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:14:29 CDT 2009

On 10/23/09 01:40, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 05:19:14PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
>> Will the DAHDI with OSLEC have any effect one ECHO in Linksys or Sipura adapters?
>>
>> I know Dahdi is a replacement for Zaptel. And Zaptel is mostly for internal cards not external units like Linksys.
>> I have one Linksys 3K that with so echo so bad that it is pretty much useless.
>
>DAHDI is just like Zaptel here. Its echo canceller cancels the echo on
>DAHDI channels.
>
>So all you have to do is implement Asterisk (or whatever) on that
>Linksys device, provide DAHDI drivers for its FXS and FXO, and you're
>done. Should be easy.

Well, I've never used zaptel for Linsys/Sipura adapter as zaptel does not make any difference on their operations.
and I'm not sure that DAHDI drivers exist for Linksys/Sipura adapters.
DAHDI stands for "Digium Asterisk Hardware Device Interface" so I don't see how can I take advantage of DAHDI with Sipura adapters.

--
Joseph