[asterisk-users] carefulwrite: write() returned error:Brokenpipe

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Oct 22 13:47:54 CDT 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> So this would actually be proper?

[snip]

>> my $envvars = <STDIN>;

I don't "do" Perl, but if that statement reads everything buffered on
STDIN -- i.e., the AGI environment, then I would guess it would work.

"Proper" would be to read and parse the environment "properly." You could
make the argument that since you're not going to use anything from the AGI
environment, why waste the cycles.

I would counter that "best practice" would be to read and parse the
environment as well as setting up a SIGHUP handler, initializing syslog(),
setting a STATUS channel variable to FAILURE (and setting it to SUCCESS
upon successful completion), etc., etc., etc.

I find that "feeping creaturism" is easier to deal with if you start with
a good framework.

I could have said something about using a "real" language like C so you
could do everything you want and be finished way before you could even
load the Perl interpreter but I don't feel like ducking :)

--
Thanks in advance,